The website I chose to study is called The Global Fund for
Children. Maya Ajmera
founded the organization and is sought out nationally and internationally to
address audiences on local and global philanthropy, global children’s rights,
early childhood development, and social entrepreneurship (http://www.globalfundforchildren.org/about-us/people/). At The Global Fund for Children, they donate
grants to community-based organizations working with the world’s most
vulnerable children and youth (http://www.globalfundforchildren.org/about-us/people/). They also work closely with what is called
"Grassroots" organizations.
These organizations are located within communities and directly provide
children the services they need to grow, learn, and thrive within all parts of
the world.
I chose this website because I felt the most connected to
it. Within the website I was able to see
photos of the many, dedicated, hard-working individuals that supported the
Global Fund for Children, and make it a success. I felt as if I was personally meeting them
all in reading the personal information they chose to share with viewers. I also love reading books to my children, and
feel reading to your children is critical in supporting language development
and a way to bond with your children. On
the website, it gave you the opportunity to purchase books through The Books
for Kids project, and with every book donated or purchased, these books went to
children and families who are in desire need of these resources. I found that to be so powerful.
VISION
At The Global Fund for Children,
we envision a world where all children grow up to be productive, caring
citizens of a global society.
(Information received from http://www.globalfundforchildren.org/about-us/mission/)
Mission
We work to advance the dignity of
children worldwide. We pursue this mission by making small grants to
innovative community-based organizations working with many of the world’s most
vulnerable children, and by harnessing the power of children’s books, films,
and documentary photography to promote global understanding.
(Information received from http://www.globalfundforchildren.org/about-us/mission/)

Tammy,
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful Blog environment. The background invites you to visit and your wonderful posts maintain your interest.
The Global Fund for Children is a unique organization; I am pleased to hear of your interest in researching this site.
Dr Longo
Hi Tammy,
ReplyDeleteI liked your blog presentation. You have done a beautiful job. You are lucky to have such a world of experience. I noticed couple of our group members has recommended the Global Fund for Children website. I should take time to go through it, though I had a quick glance now. They have put up some interesting videos like children should be seen and heard, which is an overview on reaching the world’s most vulnerable children. Good Luck with establishing your contacts. I hope that you soon get a response from them.
Tammy,
ReplyDeleteThat is a great website! The pictures and videos are touching and really give you a different perspective of life and early childhood education. I really like they’re community approach towards improving quality services.
Great blog posting!