Saturday, March 02, 2013

Professional Hopes and Goals-


My Professional Hopes and Goals-
My hope for children is that they grow up feeling valued and visible.  We shall embrace our differences, dislikes, likes, and cultural backgrounds.  My hope is that educators continue to grow through open discussions about diversity, by respecting one’s differences, and to cultivate awareness so we can empower children.   
My goal in advocating for equity and social justice within the early childhood field is to be the “conscious voice” by modeling this to my students, my daughters and my colleagues.  I will respect, empower and advocate for the children and families within my classroom.  I will create an environment in which my students can positively observe, explore, and construct their identity. 
A sincere thank-you to my colleagues as this has been an amazing journey.  I have learned so much from your heartfelt personal experiences dealing with prejudices and biases.  We have grown stronger and I have fueled my passion in helping to educate our children.  Thank you-

Tammy Maassen   

2 comments:

  1. I like how you mentioned modeling. That is a great way to help teach children and adults both for to be advocates and anti-bias!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy,
    You have set some great goals! Empowering children and making sure they are been heard and seen is my goal too. Thanks for all your insightful posts and all the best!


    Maryam

    ReplyDelete