Thursday, November 24, 2011

Inspirational Quotes

“You didn't have a choice about the parents you inherited, but you do have a choice about the kind of parent you will be.”
--Marian Wright Edelman

“Character is a journey, not destination”
--Bill Clinton

"Using the anti-bias approach helps children and teachers figure out who they are and understand themselves to uncover thier own discomforts and mis-informations."
--Louise Derman-Sparks

"I'm not here to save the world, but to make a difference."
--Raymond Hernandez M.S. ED

"Speaking up for someone that is not able to speak up for themselves.  Being the voice of the voiceless."  "You don't need to run around looking for how to be an advocate- it will find you.  When it does, it will come together in a meaningful way, and in a very natural way."  "It is never about you." 
--Renatta Cooper

4 comments:

  1. Former President Clinton's quote is short but so true. I think that life is a journey, as you move along in life, character develops. I believe we are constantly developing something about ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can appreciate the quote you posted by Louise Derman-Sparks. As professional educators we need to approach all children and families with an unbiased approach. Everyone should start with a blank slate and be given equal opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really took these statements to heart. I identify with Raymond Hernandez's thoughts because they are my motivation as well . Some never know the impact our words have on others. When we promote the positives, they go much farther .

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all can make a difference in the world by coming together and sharing ideas. People in general will be able to get results. We have to stand as one.

    ReplyDelete