Three deep felt learnings I have obtained from this program are as follows:
*Change is the process to do better. It's up to me and the will of others to empower, lead and fight for quality education.
*I am a leader. I have what it takes to lead others and advocate for children and what they deserve.
*Networking is powerful. We need one another in order to make change happen.
My long term goal is to never stop learning. I will continue to advocate and improve the well-being of both children and families. There are many national and international organizations in which we can exercise our ability to advocate and be a part of something bigger. I intend to become an active member.
A sincere thank-you to all my colleagues and Dr. Teri for helping me reach for what I thought would never happen. Thank-you for sharing your deepest, most personal experiences, positive feedback, helpful advice and words of encouragement. Networking is powerful and if it wasn’t for you all I wouldn’t have pushed through to the end. I’m thrilled to be sharing this experience with you all! Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Tammy Maassen
Tammy.maassen@eu.dodea.edu
Tammy,
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely right, we need each other for change to happen. There is a cliché, "it takes a village to rise a child," well I guess it's true, because change can't be effective without the proper channels and people. I am honored to have worked with you and learn from you. I wish you many success in the future and I pray that you achieve all your dreams, hopes, and goals regarding the early childhood field.
Ayonie
Tammy,
ReplyDeleteI concur with your statement about networking. I have enjoyed your posts and discussions points. I am certain you will excel in your child advocacy efforts. Best of luck to you.